wait, 30. like three and a zero?
not for nothing, I am blessed to be here.
just kinda wondering how I got here so quickly.
the main lesson that resounds with me is, "spend more time being happy"
forcing things and situations and people to fit into God's purpose for my life
serves to be a futile mission. I'd rather just go with His flow.
live with an open hand and open heart so that life flows in and out as it should.
I am taking my hand off of things. it has proved to be pointless.
What works for me? Consulting God, meditating and allowing the Holy Spirit to lead me.
Allowing God to put the pieces together and create the masterpiece of my life as He initially
designed it to be. *mind blown* simple right?
I would like to think I learned a few things in my 30 years and I know for sure there are tons
of things I still have to learn. There are also some things I'd like to unlearn and unhabitualize. lol
is that even a word? 30 for 30 is my list of 30 habits I would like to pick up during this next decade.
So, here it goes.
MiaMcK's 30 For 30
1. yoga: been off and on for a year now. I LOVE how my body feels when I'm on, so habit 1 goes to consistent yoga practice.
2. saving and budgeting: just seems right to be way more responsible now that I'm 30. lol
3. meditation: 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes before bed. forever peace is always welcomed in my life.
4. painting: creativity keeps you young
5. travel: since I lost my passport it universally stumped my travel experiences. applying for a new one and unlocking my travel energy, ASAP.
6. keep in touch more: my girlfriends are pretty awesome. none of us have done this whole growing up, motherhood, marriage thang before. we are all navigating it. we all need each other more than ever.
8. kitchen prowess: I am not lacking in cooking skills, but I do want to learn a few more things... especially when it comes to baking.
9. optimum follow through: doing what I say and sticking to it
10. Mia first: sticking to making myself happy first
11. more writing: words are my first love. blog more and more and more.
12. read more: books fuel writing. 2 books per month, easily.
13. live in real time: less social media, more life.
14. be fearless: following dreams won't ever kill me. not following them will.
15. open hand and heart: live in such a way that life flows, unobstructed, in and out as it is meant
16. seek ye first: groom my God relationship in a way that's tailored to US
17. judgment free zone: everyone is living their life from the height of their current awareness. including me. accept more, love more. judge less.
18. run for it: growing up, I was addicted to Eric Jerome Dickey books. his characters were so vivid and relatable (even though I was 11 and they were meant to be late 20's/early 30s). but I just KNEW I would embody some of their characteristics when I grew up. running being one of them.
19. live far outside the box: no titles/labels, no expectations, no validation. just live. get better daily
20. just fall: in love, heal. repeat repeat repeat.
21. think more: there will always be a method to this madness we call life. putting a little
more thought into it to achieve optimum results aint such a bad thang.
22. do it: once in a lifetime opportunities will keep happening when positioned to DO them. say yes to the universe
23. gardening: it seems like it would be so relaxing to nurture and care for something to reach its most mature and beautiful state
24. work smarter: plan and execute. dassit.
25. be stingy with me: no time given to relationships and situations that won't grow me
26: say no: to anything less than what I desire and deserve
27. face fears: head on. no running. they disappear when faced. choose the fear when presented with options.
28.believe bigger: God purposed me for a BIG life. always believe the best.
29. never settle: I can have, do, be whatever I want
30. never grow up