Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BIRTHDAY: sitting pretty at 26


i turned 26 on august 7th.
did i really just write that? me... 26? wow! where did time go?

i still remember playing barbies with my cousins and getting in trouble for reenacting the "punany" scene from Poetic Justice. #DontAsk lol

i remember the free lunch line...and wearing mismatched socks in elementary school. my principal had a wooden leg because of polio.

chipped tooth in second grade and the "devil tree" at Ramona Alessandro elementary school. i still remember dance class throughout junior high and i LIVED for my eighth grade year as a cheerleader!

really, where did time go?

i know high school couldn't have been THAT long ago. sleepovers, house parties, sneaking out, first kisses, first touches, first this and first that. i still remember.

i was 16 the first time i clearly remember my grandpa telling me that he loved me...and this year i said goodbye to him. #RIP

and of course, i remember love. #word2Nina

i am SO grateful to be able to say that i haven't had a TERRIBLE life. nothing that has hindered me from growing, living, loving, learning, and EXPERIENCING. i am SO grateful for my relationship with God...it has allowed me to have peace of mind in many situations. thank you Father for keeping me!

now, 27...that is an age i am EXCITED for. i feel it in my bones, some amazing things have been planted/are being planted and 27 will be the season for reaping!


take a moment and acknowledge how blessed you are. there is nothing like being grateful to God for all of His mercy He has bestowed upon you!


love ya blogger babies!

xoxo,
MiaMcK

No comments:

LIFE AND SUCH: action activates

This week I was listening to a training on YouTube by Mark Hughes (founder of Herbalife) and he said something that was so simple and yet so...